Rose Parade Float Decoration
Everybody loves a parade and we can’t do this without you!
We love that you want to be part of the team that helps us take the final steps to celebrate our community in the Pasadena Tournament of Roses New Years Day Parade!
We have a number of areas that we need volunteers for and they are listed below. Please read through the descriptions and push the button to register for where you think you best fit.
And YES, you absolutely can register for as many as you want.
We do have some simple rules to keep us all safe and sane:
1. Anyone under the age of 13 needs to stay with a responsible adult at all times, and both feet of the child must stay on the pavement. One adult can supervise up to 2 kids.
2. We expect you to model exemplary conduct and to follow the directions of our Team Leaders and our Decorating Site Rules
3. Stay focused on your job so that we are effective as a team
4. We do reserve the right to excuse you from the Deco Site
5. We will have snacks, water and established meal times for volunteers working longer shifts
Once you register for a shift you will receive a confirmation email with a link to our Code of Conduct and the Release of Liability. Please complete this document and bring it with you to the site when you start your first shift. It is required for you to work on the float.
This is a link to the form if you want to review it now Release Form
So with that here we go -
Front Desk Greeters
They are responsible for checking you into the site and collecting the appropriate documents.
Their main jobs are:
* Prepping the leaves, bark and flowers
* Stick the seeds and flowers on the float
You can get messy!
These are the people that have a deeper knowledge about the float can provide small group tours or be on site to answer questions from observers.
Working with our team leader to sell our float related collectable merchandise to members and the public
These are the people that assist with the setting up, serving and cleaning up after meal times
Set Up & Breakdown Crew "
We need strong people who will set it up and break down all of the Under The Bridge infrastructure so that the float can worked on for Deco Week (our beloved "Trolls")
We need folks to provide support to the project. This means any or all duties from moving equipment, dumping trash, hanging signs, moving tarps, to owning a broom!
We need you all now more than ever, so where do you fit in best?
For groups of 10 or more email Jen